About meI am a freelance composer, animateur, educator, conductor and writer. My work aims to encourage creative participation in music making: to enjoy it as an enlivening group activity for all-comers, and one in which participants can discover their own creative musical identity. I’m always interested in taking part in unusual, creative projects, collaborating with creative people from all artforms and in a variety of contexts. Browse the website to see the sorts of things I do, or go straight to the other work and media page for a selection of audio and video extracts! And get in touch: it would be lovely to hear from you!
- READ a blog here about my NCO project There’s no place like….. NCO. Written by Arlene MacFarlane.
- WATCH a brief video of Take Flight – the Royal Ballet commission for community dancers in Hull.
- WATCH a 22-minute documentary made by ABC about my project in Sydney with The Academy of St Martin in the Fields. Watch it here
- WATCH Roger Ballen’s Theatre of Apparitions – my music for this was shortlisted for a 2017 Music and Sound Award. NOT FOR CHILDREN (or possibly the faint-hearted!)
Winner of 2016 Education or Community Award
Finalist in 2017 Music & Sound Awards
- Open Sound with the London Philharmonic Orchestra: more details here
- Sound Out project with the London Sinfonietta
- ORCHLab project for adults with disabilities (LPO and Drake Music)
- Virtual Orchestra project with the Philharmonia in Canterbury, Basingstoke, Leicester and Bedford
- Teacher training for the National Theatre’s Let’s Play programme and LPO Beyond the Firebird
- Primary School project with Oxford Lieder Festival. www.oxfordlieder.co.uk/education
- Sing a Story with Mid-Wales Music Trust
- Leading Orchestra Unwrapped sessions for Philharmonia Orchestra in Bedford and Leicester
- Musicians’ training and mentoring for Live Music Now!
- A year 1 Music and story project for City of London Sinfonia
- Working with National Children’s Orchestra facilitating a new piece There’s no Place Like … NCO. Performed at The Anvil, Basingstoke!
- Bright Sparks A level seminar for LPO
- Song-writing with KS1 pupils with the Little Missenden Festival.