About meI am a freelance composer, animateur, educator, conductor and writer. My work aims to encourage creative participation in music making: to enjoy it as an enlivening group activity for all-comers, and one in which participants can discover their own creative musical identity. I’m always interested in taking part in unusual, creative projects, collaborating with creative people from all artforms and in a variety of contexts. Browse the website to see the sorts of things I do, or go straight to the other work and media page for a selection of audio and video extracts! And get in touch: it would be lovely to hear from you!
CLICK HERE for a music show reel with a few clips of my pieces set to picture (lasts under 3 minutes!)
Watch Roger Ballen’s Theatre of Apparitions – my music for this was shortrlisted for a 2017 Music and Sound Award. NOT FOR CHILDREN (or possibly the faint-hearted!)
Winner of 2016 Education or Community Award
Finalist in 2017 Music & Sound Awards
- Click here for a music show reel with a few clips of my pieces set to picture (lasts under 3 minutes!)
- LPO project at Highshore School in South East London, looking at Stravinsky’s Petrushka
- The wonderful Arts Adventures project visiting children’s hospital wards and hospices for Create
- Leading Early Years training for Harrow Arts Centre as well working with Wigmore Hall and Tri Music Together
- Teacher training for the National Theatre’s Let’s Play programme
- Working with the Philharmonia Orchestra on their Virtual Orchestra project in Bedford
- Leading musicians’ training for Live Music Now!
- Leading and developing a new project for London Sinfonietta based on Tansy Davies Cave
- Great fun working with National Children’s Orchestra facilitating a new piece There’s no Place Like … NCO. Fabulous performance at The Anvil, Basingstoke!
- Performances of my new show The Lost Box of Stories premiered in mid-Wales very successfully! 2000 children enjoyed the show – great audience reactions!
- Bright Sparks A-level seminar with LPO orchestra
- Broadcast of Radio 4 documentary about the Take Flight project in Hull to be broadcast on November 6th at 4.00pm. Click here to link to the programme page
- A day of workshops in Huddersfield for London Sinfonietta on Deborah Pritchard’s Music Maps
- New 22-minute documentary made by ABC about my project in Sydney with The Academy of St Martin in the Fields has just been broadcast. Watch it here
- Premiere of Take Flight in Hull
- Working at Leonard Cheshire Disability Centre’s on the LPO’s wonderful ORCHLab project in conjunction with Drake Music.
- Primary School project with Oxford Lieder Festival. www.oxfordlieder.co.uk/education
- Sing a Story with Mid-Wales Music Trust
- Mentor for LEYMN (London Early Years Music Network) www.sound-connections.org.uk
- Lead artist for Create’s Nurturing Talent intiative http://createarts.org.uk/
- Further international screenings of Roger Allen’s Theatre of Apparitions
- Working on the Wigmore Hall’s Partner Schools Programme
- Leading Orchestra Unwrapped sessions for Philharmonia Orchestra in Bedford and Leicester